Materials: Frisbee, football
- Pledge to American Flag
- Pledge to the Christian Flag
Practice Joining Requirements
- Trailman Oath, Motto, Sign, Salute, and Handshake
- Update on launching our troop!!
Badge – Citizenship
- What is a citizen?
- America is a democratic republic, what does that mean?
- What is the constitution?
- We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
- Article 1 – Congress is made up of the House of Representatives and the Senate. What are the powers of Congress?
- Article 2 – The President runs the Executive Branch. What are his powers?
- Article 3 – The Supreme Court is the highest court. What are its powers? What is an appeal?
- First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- Second Amendment:
- A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations will worship before [u]You.
28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s
And He rules over the nations.
29 All the [v]prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
Even he who [w]cannot keep his soul alive.
1 Peter 2
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14 or to governors as sent [p]by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. 15 For [q]such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. 16 Act as free men, and [r]do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. 17 Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the [s]king.
Begin answering these questions in your Trail Life journal: Citizenship
Practice the requirements in the document linked above and have your dad sign off any that you can demonstrate successfully