Rope, paracord, lighter, candle, pvc, dowels
- Pledge to American Flag
- Pledge to the Christian Flag: I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe
Practice Joining Requirements
- Trailman Oath: On my honor I will do my best to serve God and my country, to respect authority, to be a good steward of creation, and to treat others as I want to be treated
- Trailman Motto: Walk Worthy!
- Trailman Sign, Salute, and Handshake
Camp Cooking Lesson
Badge – Ropework
- Explain how the low-impact camping method (See The Trailman’s Handbook) relates to ropework and helps fulfill the Trailman Oath to “be a good steward of creation.”
- Whipping and fusing
- Demonstrate fusing the ends of a synthetic rope: use a candle in a well-ventilated area to melt the end
- Tie the following knots and describe their usefulness:
- Tie the following lashings and describe their function:
1My son, if you become [a]surety for your friend,
If you have [b]shaken hands in pledge for a stranger,
2You are snared by the words of your mouth;
You are taken by the words of your mouth.
3So do this, my son, and deliver yourself;
For you have come into the hand of your friend:
Go and humble yourself;
Plead with your friend.
4Give no sleep to your eyes,
Nor slumber to your eyelids.
5Deliver yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter,
And like a bird from the hand of the [c]fowler.
The Folly of Indolence
6Go to the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and be wise,
7Which, having no [d]captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8Provides her [e]supplies in the summer,
And gathers her food in the harvest.
9How long will you [f]slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep?
10A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep—
11So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man.
Practice the requirements in the document linked above and have your dad sign off any that you can demonstrate successfully